The spectacular Sonoran Desert will be the perfect backdrop for your stay at Sheraton Desert Oasis in Scottsdale Arizona. Stunning sunsets and towering saguaros give you the remarkable feeling of being at home in nature.
My family and I live in Arizona and choose to stay at the Sheraton Desert Oasis for a week in June for a stay-cation. This review is my own opinion and I did not receive any compensation for this review. The Sheraton Desert Oasis is an SPG (Starwood Preferred Guest) property, you will find owners and guests around the property. It was a great week-long getaway.
The Resort Grounds at the Sheraton Desert Oasis in Scottsdale Arizona
The Sheraton Dessert Oasis in Scottsdale is located in a great area and close to a lot of local attractions. The resort is very family friendly with an old Southwest look and feel. The front desk staff were extremely nice, professional and helpful. The property is gorgeous with lots of trees and landscaping.
The property also has many grills around for guests to use. The grills were cleaned every day and BBQ tools were available at every location. We used the grills a few nights during our stay.
The resort also offers two playgrounds. My kids loved this option and had a great time. And Yes, the playground is covered from the sun so their little hands are safe from burns.
For all of us who like to still exercise the resort offers a small but effective gym too.
The Pools at the Sheraton Desert Oasis in Scottsdale Arizona
The resort has two pools and a hot tub whirl pool. The relaxation pool is small and quiet. The main pool is large with a waterfall (my kids loved hanging under the falls), a volleyball court and plenty of people relaxing. At the main pool you have easy access to food and drinks. The even offer a flag on the back of each pool lounger. Lift the flag for service. How easy is that, right? The staff allows pool floats but be aware not the very large ones. On Tuesdays from 1-3pm the pool has a DJ playing music and lots of games for kids and adults.
The Rooms at the Sheraton Desert Oasis In Scottsdale Arizona
We had a 1 Bedroom Premium unit which was very spacious. The rooms has a small but stocked kitchen including Washer Dryer. A separate Living Room and dining area. There is a fireplace in both the living room AND bedroom, a large shower in the bathroom. There is also a huge jetted bathtub inside the room. The bedroom has a very comfortable king bed. Outside has a nice patio with table and chairs as well as a cushioned bench and it was very clean. We had a great view of the pool and an amazing jacaranda tree.
Local Area Attractions near the Sheraton Desert Oasis in Scottsdale Arizona
Art and Culture:
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s Taliesin West 7.5 km/4.7 miles
- Musical Instrument Museum 8.4 km/5.2 miles
- Museum of Contemporary Art 17.4 km/10.8 miles
- Heard Museum 24.8 km/15.4 miles
- Arizona Science Center 26.6 km/16.5 miles
- Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale 4.8 km/3.0 miles
- Very convenient for use since my mother in law had knee surgery during our stay
- Scottsdale Healthcare, North 16.1 km/10.0 miles
- Arizona State University 33.8 km/21.0 miles
- Tournament Players Club 1.6 km/1.0 miles
- Where the Phoenix Open is played every year!
- Grayhawk Golf Club 4.0 km/2.5 miles
- Westworld 4.8 km/3.0 miles
- Butterfly Wonderland 13.8 km/8.6 miles
- Talking Stick Casino 15.8 km/9.8 miles
- Desert Botanical Gardens 20.9 km/13.0 miles
- OdySea Aquarium 13.7 km/8.5 miles
- Big Surf Waterpark 20.9 km/13.0 miles
- Phoenix Zoo 20.9 km/13.0 miles
- Out of Africa Wildlife Park 136.8 km/85.0 miles
- Casino Arizona 20.9 km/13.0 miles
- Fort Mcdowell Casino 24.1 km/15.0 miles
- Rawhide Western Town at Wild Horse Pass 46.7 km/29.0 miles
Nearby Destinations and Shopping
- Scottsdale Quarter 3.9 km/2.4 miles
- Kierland Commons 5.5 km/3.4 miles
- Fashion Square Mall 23.5 km/14.6 miles
For Day or Road trip ideas from the Desert Sheraton Oasis, please click here. I wrote a blog post on 10 great road trip ideas. Or if you want to spend an amazing day in Tucson click here. Tucson is about an hour away from the Desert Sheraton Oasis.
Are you convinced yet? Well I certainly hope so because we really enjoyed our time at the Desert Sheraton Oasis in Scottsdale Arizona.
Be sure to follow me on Social Media and thanks for the LUV!